Hardie Board siding vs. vinyl and wood composite siding:
1. Flame Resistance: James Hardie®siding is noncombustible and approved for fire-rated construction. Vinyl, wood and wood composite siding will melt or burn when exposed to a significant source of heat or flame.
2. Fade Resistance: Hardie®Board has factory applied, baked on paint finish which provides up to 30% better fade resistance than other products.
3. Weather Resistance: Hardie®Board resists rotting, warping, cracking, hail and high winds up to 150 mph.
4. Appearance: The Hardie®Board product is twice as thick as vinyl, and provides deeper shadow lines and a more natural wood grain texture.
5. Pest Resistance: James Hardie® siding is resistant to woodpeckers, termites and other pests known to cause damage to wood siding.
Click HERE for more information on James Hardie siding.
Call us at 403-640-1334 to arrange for a quote or e-mail us at email@example.com
Portatec Doors is a Canadian company specializing in creating superior quality entry door systems. With their expertise, flexibility and creativity they can offer solutions for every architectural need. They offer personalized colors, custom decorative mouldings, adapted height and width door glass units available in an infinite variety of styles and sizes. The options that can be combined to give your home a distinctive flare are endless.
S.I.S. Supply Install Services Ltd. is a Calgary owned and operated company specializing in exterior renovations. We have been in business since 1991 and are celebrating our 24th year serving Calgary and surrounding communities. Whether it be a complete exterior window or door package or an entire renewal of your homes façade you can count on us to complete your project in a timely fashion and on budget.
Visit our showroom to view the large selection of products that are available for your home's exterior. Choose from James Hardie siding (fiber cement), vinyl siding, stucco, stone (large selection), soffit, fascia, eaves trough, North Star windows and Portatec Doors. Choose a combination of these products that will build on your own taste and style.
Besides our longevity in the construction and renovation industries in Calgary, S.I.S. is a member of the following:
- The Better Business Bureau (since 1993)
- The Calgary Home Builders' Association (CHBA) - Calgary Region
- Click HERE to view all of our memberships and credentials
- Click HERE to view reasons why you should choose S.I.S.
- Ultra resistant 22 gauge steel doors with option of wood finish (reconstructed wood fiber, veneer originating from forests which are managed using FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) on a steel surface.
- Wood finish protected by a stain and an ultra resistant clear polyurethane varnish.
- Six wood species and ten standard colours available as well as custom stain colour matching.
- Possibility to create your own door and door/window design as well as your own colour arrangement.
- Click HERE for more information on the Urbania Collection.
Did you know that stucco is one of the exterior finishing options offered by S.I.S.? We use Adex polymer-based coating for customers interested in the classic and timeless look of stucco. These acrylic coating are reminiscent of the old world stucco look and will provide a unique appearance to your home as well as sealing and insulating the building envelope resulting in remarkable energy efficiency.
In addition to this, the Adex product is superior in its durability as well as its requirements for minimal maintenance under normal conditions. It is available in 300 standard colours and custom colour matching to the colour of your choice is also available. For more information on Adex Coatings, click HERE. Contact S.I.S. at 403-640-1334 for a free quote or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions of comments you may have.
1. Except where the suite is sprinklered, each bedroom or combination bedroom shall have at least one outside window or exterior door openable from the inside without the use of keys, tools or special knowledge and without the removal of sashes or hardware. (As per our extremely knowledgable Job Coordinator, Megan Whiteside, this means that you cannot put awning windows into a bedroom window because they require special knowledge to unlatch the hardware to allow for escape.)
2. The window referred to in Sentence (1) shall
(a) provide an unobstructed opening of not less than 0.35 square metres (or 3.77 square feet) in area with no dimension less than 380 mm (15 inches) and
(b) maintain the required opening during an emergency without the need for additional support.
3. If the window referred to in Sentence (1) is provided with security bars, the security bars shall be openable from the inside without the use of any tools or special knowledge.
It is recommended that the sills of the windows intended for use as emergency exits be not higher than 1.5 m above the floor.
If your windows do not meet the size requirements above for a bedroom window, call S.I.S. We can cut the concrete, (called concrete coring) enlarge the opening and then install a window that meets the above requirements. The window can be made to meet all fire code Egress requirements. Call us at 403-640-1334 for more details and information or e-mail us at email@example.com. We would be happy to give you an estimate.
The five components of the Window Wise program:
1. Approved windows: S.I.S. must install windows that are Window Wise certified. Window Wise enforces rigid quality standards before granting their seal of approval to a window manufacturer. North Star windows are Window Wise certified and are the window of choice for all S.I.S. projects.
2. Certified Contractors: S.I.S. is a Certified Window Wise contractor. S.I.S. meets the strict Window Wise standards and is subject to random inspections from Window Wise.
3. Trained and Certified Installers: All S.I.S. installers are trained and certified by Window Wise. The Window Wise program insists that a certified installer must be present at every job. For certification, an installer must successfully complete the comprehensive Window Wise installation training program.
4. Random Job Inspections: S.I.S. is subject to random job inspections by Window Wise. Window Wise randomly inspects certified installations to ensure standards are being maintained. Window Wise installers know they are being continually monitored not just for workmanship but also for professionalism, work ethic and customer service.
5. Quality Assurance Guarantee: Your windows will be registered with the Window Wise program. Your investment is insured for 5 years against failure by a transferable warranty. This is in addition to the waranties provided by North Star Windows and S.I.S.
If you are looking to replace your windows, call a Window Wise Certified Dealer like S.I.S. to ensure that your investment is guaranteed and will last a lifetime. Contact us for a FREE quote at 403-640-1334 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portatec doors come in steel, wood or fibreglass. Choose a painted steel door for the exterior of your home with a wood laminate on the inside. One look to match the outside of your house and an entirely different look made to coordinate with the interior style of your home. Portatec steel doors are 22 gauge steel, which is significantly thicker than the other steel doors offered on the market. All Portatec wood doors are protected with a factory applied stain available in 10 standard colours or clear varnish to protect the natural beauty of the wood. Colour matching to your own stain sample is also available. Choose from the following wood species: oak, birch, pine, mahogany, cherry and cedar.
Other options available are the exclusive line of decorative glass created by the Portatec team of experts, Noblesse mouldings, Granite Sills, and venting sidelights. Open the new door to your home.
For additional Portatec Door photos see our "Portatec Doors" album on Facebook. "Like" us while your there!
- Adex Stucco (1)
- Alberta Renovation Warranty Program (1)
- Basement Windows (1)
- Calgary Doors (1)
- Calgary Home and Design Show 2016 (1)
- Calgary Home and Garden Show (2)
- Calgary Ice Damming (1)
- Calgary Renovation Show (2)
- Calgary Siding (1)
- Calgary Windows (1)
- Canadian Home Builders Association (1)
- Concrete coring (1)
- Contemporary Doors (1)
- Damage from Ice Damming (1)
- Design Services (2)
- Doors (3)
- Egress Windows (1)
- Energy Efficiency Alberta Rebate Program (1)
- Full Service Showroom (2)
- Hail Resistant siding (1)
- hardie panel (1)
- Ice Damming Calgary (1)
- james hardie (4)
- james hardie siding (7)
- North Star Windows (3)
- Portatec Doors (3)
- preferred contractor (2)
- Promotions (3)
- RenoMark™ (1)
- replacement windows (4)
- S.I.S. (1)
- S.I.S. Open House (3)
- siding (5)
- Stucco (1)
- Wall Insulation Calgary (1)
- window condensation (1)
- Window Wise Certified Contractor (1)
- Windows Calgary (2)
- Woodpeckers (1)