- What is the cost?
Price varies depending on the scope of the job and whether you are replacing one window or completing an entire exterior renovation encompassing windows, doors, siding and roofing.
- How long does it take?
Projects can take one half day to a week or more depending on complexity and scope.
- Can renovations be done throughout the year?
Installations can take place throughout the year with some exceptions in cold weather. The most popular time to renovate is in the spring, summer and fall.
- What benefits will I receive from the renovation?
Energy efficiency, interior comfort and curb appeal are three reasons to renovate. Depending on the current age of your home and the condition of your windows and doors, energy savings can vary widely on a monthly basis. In addition to improved energy efficiency, homeowners report their homes are less drafty and consequently more comfortable when their windows and doors are updated. With added exterior wall insulation under new siding and with high performance glass in the windows, their homes also do a better job of blocking unwanted heat in the summer and retaining interior warmth in the winter. Other homeowners report their homes are more quiet after the renovation.
- How can I improve the style of my home with windows, doors and siding or stucco?
Homeowners who invest in James Hardie siding will greatly improve the curb appeal of their home. Vinyl replacement windows or the aluminum-vinyl hybrid window with perimeter grilles is another way to raise the style quotient of your home. The North Star Vinyl 4000/5000 series will give your home that contemporary look if so desired. Adding a steel door with wood veneer or a wood grained fiberglass door in a variety of stains/colors and the addition of a decorative glass insert will greatly improve the attractiveness of your home and its enjoyment.
- What steps should I take to prepare for Window Installation?
The S.I.S. Job Coordinator, that is assigned to your project, will provide you with a itemized list before the installation takes place. Following are the key steps :
- Remove all window coverings, blinds and associated hardware etc.
- Move any furnishings back 4 feet from any windows on the interior and a minimum of 8 feet on the exterior, including lawn furniture, to allow room for our crews to work.
- Drop cloths will be used to protect the floor in the interior. However, some dust will be created, so please cover any furniture that you feel needs to be covered.
- Remove any pictures, plaques, mirrors and family heirlooms hanging on the interior & exterior walls.
- What steps should I take to prepare for Door Installation?
- Please ensure that you have your new lock set / passage set for your door before we arrive, unless S.I.S. is providing them. We recommend Weiser locks.
- If you plan on replacing the door bell itself, ensure you have purchased this item before we arrive so it can be installed for you.
- What steps should I take to prepare for Siding, Soffit and Fascia Installations?
- If you plan on putting up new outdoor lights, plug covers, and house numbers, make sure you have purchased these items before we arrive so that they can be installed for you.
- Move any outdoor furnishings a minimum of 8 feet from the exterior, including lawn furniture, to allow room for our crews to work.
- Remove any breakable objects from the interior walls of your home. Hammering from the exterior of the home can produce interior wall vibrations which, in turn, could displace objects hanging on the walls.
- Are there any other steps I should take to prepare for S.I.S. to work?
- Please ensure your pets are contained in an area where we will not be working.
- Please clean up after your pets by removing any pet droppings before we arrive.
- Please keep children away from work areas, as power tools and ladders can be very dangerous.
- Flowers and trellises may receive some damage. Please speak to the installers before work begins to make any special situations known to them.
- Once the windows/doors have been installed, you will be asked by the installer to pay any balance owing. The installer will also do a walk through with you to explain the operations of your new windows/doors. If you have any specific questions about these new units at this time, please ask the installer as he will gladly answer them for you.
- What warranty do you offer your customers?
We offer a five year warranty on workmanship from the date of installation for windows, doors and siding. Our manufacturing partners provide their own comprehensive warranties on their various products.
- Why does condensation build up on my windows?
Warm air holds more water vapor in it than cold air. When the warm air cools down, its ability to hold water vapor is decreased and the water vapor accumulates or condenses on the cold surface of the glass.Please click here for more information.
- What sets your windows apart from others?
Our windows are CSA and NAFS certified, Window Wise and Energy Star Approved.
Our windows are built in Canada and come with a five year workmanship warranty as well as the following:
- Lifetime Warranty on White Window and Patio Door Frames and Sashes
- 20 Year Warranty on Interior and Exterior Colored Laminates
- 20 Year Warranty on Aluminum-Clad Window Frames and Sashes
- Lifetime Warranty on the insulated glass sealed units
- Lifetime Warranty on window hardware