Hail Damage Services by Restoration Specialists in Calgary
Thank-you for considering S.I.S. Exterior Renovations for your project.
If you were affected by the recent hail storm prior to contacting us please read the following:
- Contact your insurance provider to have an adjuster out to assess your losses and they will provide a summary of your damages and claim value. Based on the sheer volume they may recommend having a contractor assess the damage and submit an estimate with pictures.
- We do not provide “insurance quotations” based on the software packages that are used in the insurance industry. These types of quotes will detail the lineal and square footage of items that are damaged. We provide a “renovation proposal” to replace the scoped area with all new products, insurance companies will not accept this as a damaged goods assessment to determine loss payable.
- First and foremost we are an Exterior Renovator so we will provide you a quote to strip the scoped area to sheathing, install new flashing tape to penetrations, windows, and doors complete with all new prefinished metal flashing, and sheathing membrane finished by the exterior cladding of your choice whether it would be vinyl siding, James Hardie fibre cement siding, or stucco. Our install meets or exceeds Alberta Building Code and is guaranteed with a 15-year envelope performance warranty giving you peace of mind that the structure will be free of leaks within the newly finished area. Our “proposal” will be higher than the insurance assessment or other contractors “insurance quotations” for replacement of damaged product only.
- We want to provide you with as much information as possible to help in making an informed decision whether to repair or if the budget allows to upgrade to a more durable product such as James Hardie Siding which is hail resistant. There are many houses within the affected neighbourhoods that withstood the storm that have James Hardie Siding and remained undamaged. The estimated cost range to complete a full replacement of products on a two-storey house with and without an attached garage:
- Basic vinyl siding replacement ———————-— $14,500 – $18,500
- Premium (dark colour) vinyl siding ——————- $16,500 – $21,500
- James Hardie fibre cement siding ——————-– $26,500 – $34,500
- Re-roof with Asphalt shingle ————————-— $8,000– $12,000
- Fascia/Eavestrough/Downpipe ———————-— $3,750 – $6,500
- Based on the above scenarios, let’s suppose the insurance company issued a loss payable ½ the value of your current vinyl replacement, your additional investment would be in the vicinity of $15,000 to upgrade to James Hardie Siding on the entire house.
If you are looking to upgrade your existing damaged exterior to a superior product with a great warranty please fill out the contact form on this page and type in the message box “Hail Damage – Looking to upgrade” and we will contact you to schedule an appointment.