James Hardie® Siding also called Hardie Board siding is made of fiber-cement with ColorPlus® technology and known to weather all of the elements thrown at it. The rich wood grain finishes will give your home real lasting curb appeal and unsurpassed durability. There are many benefits to choosing Hardie® Board to complete your exterior renovation.
Hardie Board siding vs. vinyl and wood composite siding:
1. Flame Resistance: James Hardie®siding is noncombustible and approved for fire-rated construction. Vinyl, wood and wood composite siding will melt or burn when exposed to a significant source of heat or flame.
2. Fade Resistance: Hardie®Board has factory applied, baked on paint finish which provides up to 30% better fade resistance than other products.
3. Weather Resistance: Hardie®Board resists rotting, warping, cracking, hail and high winds up to 150 mph.
4. Appearance: The Hardie®Board product is twice as thick as vinyl, and provides deeper shadow lines and a more natural wood grain texture.
5. Pest Resistance: James Hardie® siding is resistant to woodpeckers, termites and other pests known to cause damage to wood siding.
Click HERE for more information on James Hardie siding.